Monday, February 16, 2015

400K Tonnes per year - Chidliak Production Profile - 1 million carats

I believe there are some ideas on what production rate Chidliak will run it.
Until we see a PEA, we won't know what Peregrine Diamonds comes up with.

However, I used an arbitrary figure of 500K tonnes per year in my first NPV Calculation.
If you missed it before, here it is again -- NPV Calculation 1

I have just discovered a publish document that has assigned a production rate to Chidliak.
It is in this very detailed and well written article by Paul Ziminisky.
Here is the link to the article -- Paul Ziminsky - february 2015

Way, way down on the article it lists development products and under anticipated production, it puts 1 million carats per year for Chidliak.

Based on 2.58 cpt, that gives a 387K tonnes per year rate.
Round that up to a nice and easy 400K tonnes per year.

If it mixes with some of the 1 cpt kimberlite from the other pits, you can see it works its way up to 450 or 500K tonnes per year to get to that 1 million carats.

Either way, I haven't been too far off with my first NPV calculation for that assumption.

Possibly, I will run NPV #2 at 400K tonnes per annum and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment